March 9, 2012

My Little Prayer Warrior

My sweet co-worker, Cassie, has been diagnosed with lung cancer. She is SO young and vibrant, was our teacher of the year last year, her students and their parents LOVE her and she is a dream to work with! This has been one of those situations in my lifetime where I have found myself over and over asking God, "WHY?" and "HOW?".   It just hits so close to home when the person is your age or younger.  I have been praying continuously for her and her family. I would love to ask you to pray as well. God has already answered so many prayers in regards to her situation, and I know that He is "Mighty to Save" and the ultimate HEALER and can perform a miracle of all miracles on her behalf. Will you please pray for her?   I know she would be so grateful...

My sweet Anna Claire has such a spunky personality, full of HILARIOUS-ness that has kept us in stitches for these last several years, and because of that "spunk" I often overlook the tenderness of her precious heart. God is doing a work in her, shaping her into the amazing woman I know she will become. She hasn't fully given her life to Christ, by asking Him into her heart, but I know she is so very close to fully grasping life's most amazing reward...becoming a follower of Jesus Christ. She says sweet, sincere prayers at night and has the most theological, grown up conversations with me sometimes. She really grasps the phrase from one of my favorite songs "Break my heart for what breaks YOURS". She shared this story (below) with my Mom, so it is NOT verbatim, and I am sure I will mess up some of the details, and leave something out, but I had to record it to remind her someday that God began a stirring in her heart at such a young age. She teaches me more than she knows... (updated since clarifying the story with Nana)

Anna Claire: Nana, did you know that Mrs. Cassie, Mommy's friend and a teacher at our school has cancer?

My Mom: Yes, sweetie, I am sad about that.  A lot of people are praying for her.
A.C.:  Yeah, I've been praying and fasting about it.

Nana: What do you mean fasting?

A.C.:  Well when you fast and pray God hears your prayers better.  Like instead of eating 3 crackers, ou just eat one and pray when you would have eaten the other two.

Nana:  Where did you learn about that?

A.C.: The preacher.  A lot of people don't listen to the preacher, but I did.  AND...
In honor of my Mom, to pray for Mrs. Cassie, I've started a prayer group on the playground at recess with 7 girls. We are praying for various people and animals that are sick. We are asking God to heal them. My friend was upset because one of her tadpoles ate the other tadpole's leg and so we are praying for it to grow back.  And now they are frogs and one of the frogs is just stunning.  Nana, what does stunning mean?

Just LOVE her innocent child-like faith...Oh Lord, let her never lose sight of YOU...

post signature

1 comment:

Paula said...

Jill,
Thank you for the opportunity to pray for Cassie. Please keep us posted about her so that we may specifically pray.

I just love your Anna-Claire stories!
She is just precious!!