September 10, 2012

Galveston

In July we took a little trip to Galveston for four days.  Now I am a bit of a beach "snob" from growing up always going to Destin, FL but all-in-all this trip didn't disappoint!  I did long to sink my toes into WHITE sand from time to time...but my family had a great time and that is all that mattered to me! 

 Our view from our balcony.  We were on the 12th floor. 
This picture is our actual view of another condo next door, but we stayed at the Galvestonian. 
I liked it because it was affordable, clean and has a private beach on the East side of the island...away from the seawall.


 The really nice pool area!  We enjoyed many swims here, especially after dinner!


Our family beach picture!  It is so hard to get a good one these days, but I thought it was pretty cute! 
We were all SO glad Shelby was able to come on this trip with us!


We ate at a fun Mexican restaurant, Salsas, on Barrett's actual 1st birthday!  He was being serenaded with HAPPY BIRTHDAY, by the mariachi band, with a tortilla in his mouth! 
Sounds like a great way to celebrate a birthday to me!


A dinner out...getting our seafood fix!  These faces are my world...


Playing on the beach...Barrett was sad that I wouldn't let him eat the sand!  HA!  The girls had so much fun digging, searching for shells and splashing in the waves.


A bicycle built for five!  Fun times!
(Not to mention Daddy had a broken toe and was doing most of the peddling.  It made for a VERY interesting ride.  He'll do ANYTHING to make these three happy!)


They had a new Pleasure Pier amusement park that stretched over the ocean and the girls had a lot of fun riding rides!  I have more pictures, but I'm obviously behind blogging, so I'll stop for now. 
So glad we had a fun and safe trip...love making new family memories!

post signature

No comments: